Installed Software - Synths and Sample playback plugins (included free)
- MusePlayer sample player: over 4GB of pristine sounds, including a 900MB piano.
- AAS Player with dozens of custom presets
- Camel Audio Alchemy Player Synthesizer with dozens of custom presets
- U-He Triple Cheese Karplus-Strong synth with dozens of high quality sounds.
- ForeFront Amber Lite physically modeled grand piano
- Peavey ReValver Guitar amp and effects modeling
- MuTech MuVoice LE with dozens of vocal processing presets
- WaveArts MasterVerb 4 professional reverberation effects plug-in
- WaveArts TrackPlug 4 professional channel strip with EQ/Compressor/Limiter/Gate
- Camel Audio Camel Phatt, Camel Space, and Camel Crusher distortion, filter, and delay effects.
- Gallo Engineering Studio Devil BVC Guitar Amp Modeler
- Kjaerhus Audio Classic EQ, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Reverb, Limiter
- IK Multimedia Amplitube 2 Duo Amp Modeler
- Big Tick Dual Delay, Hexaline, TickyClav, Cheeze Machine
- EVM Synths MicroSynth
- AudioNerdz Delay Lama
- Green Oak Crystal Synth
- GTG Synths LOG Synth, PD Poly, Tranzister, Yuno 2
- Rumpelrausch Taips ZR-3
- Xoxos Synger
- Smart Electronics H20, MadShifta, SupaPhaser
- Destroy FX Buffer Override, EQ Sync, Monomaker, RMS Buddy, Scrubby, Skidder
- GVST Gloop Audio Looper
- Steinberg Karlette
- Toby Bear CowDelay, Decimator
- Wurr Audio Green Gate, Green Wah, Little Booster, GreenMachine Amp II
- Virtual Creations Ultra Phazer
RECEPTOR is remarkably easy to use thanks to SoundFinder™
These RECEPTORs feature an entirely updated user-interface that takes only minutes to master called SoundFinder. This means that ANYONE, regardless of their technical sophistication, can start taking advantage of the remarkable world of software virtual instruments and effects with the turn of a knob and the push of a button.
Our exclusive SoundFinder interface organizes the hundreds of presets in the RECEPTOR into simple categories called TAGS. RECEPTOR starts up in PLAY mode, which lets you choose a category (TAG) of sounds or effects you are interested with the lower knob, then select a specific sound or effect you want to play with the top knob, and pressing either knob to load. That's all there is to it! We've even tested this interface with people who've never used an electronic music instrument before, and they were able to use it immediately!
Your RECEPTOR comes with pre-defined TAGS for the categories of sounds, like Acoustic Pianos, Electric Pianos, Pad Synths, etc., as well as TAGS for the type of effects you might need like Electric Guitar Effects, Acoustic Guitar Effects, or Vocal Processing Effects. This makes it incredibly easy to find a specific sound or effect quickly - just select the TAG and select the preset. It's as simple and fast as that.
Of course SoundFinder also lets you create your own custom TAGS to organize your sounds however you want. You can create a TAG for the sounds you use in a particular gig, or perhaps create TAGs that are specific to a particular recording project. What's even better is that once you have created a TAG of the sounds or effects you need, you can perform with them instantly using our exclusive LIVE MODE.
LIVE MODE: the breakthrough feature for performing live.
Virtual instruments and effects sound better and are far more versatile than hardware instruments and effects, often because the sounds are much larger and more detailed than what you find on a hardware synth. The only downside is that larger sounds take longer to load, which can cause delays when you are on stage performing. The RECEPTOR solves this problem with Muse R&D's proprietary LIVE MODE feature.
LIVE MODE lets you take the contents of any TAG and pre-load the sounds or effects in that TAG using our proprietary look-ahead intelligent caching technology. This lets pre-loads your sounds (up to the limits of the available RAM) and move from sound to sound (or effect to effect) instantly with no waiting for subsequent sounds or effects to load.
Using LIVE MODE is incredibly simple: select a TAG, enter Live Mode and start playing! LIVE MODE starts at the top of your list of sounds, and as you finish with your previous sounds, they are automatically unloaded and new sounds are loaded in their place. The previous preset you played is always kept available, as are several more that are "down the list", making it an ideal feature for moving quickly from song to song or cue to cue during rehearsals.
LIVE MODE gives you control over a variety of performance situations
When you're performing live, being able to select which preset you want is just as important as having that preset be loaded ready to play. Because of this, we've given you a number of ways to control LIVE MODE function, allowing it to adapt to almost any performance situation.
- You can use the front panel preset knob to select a sound, just turn to the name of the preset and it loads automatically.
- You can attach a mouse and monitor to the back of your RECEPTOR and click on the large preset increment or decrement buttons on the LIVE MODE window. The big buttons make it easy to find and hit the target even on stage.
- You can send a MIDI program change from your keyboard or controller to select presets, which instantly move to the next sound in the list.
- You can connect a footswitch into the back of the unit and select presets by pressing the footswitch. There is even support for a TRS jack adapter to connect TWO footswitches, one for moving down the list, one for moving up!
- You can connect a Wi-Fi router to the back of the RECEPTOR and use a mobile device such as a smart-phone, tablet computer, or laptop to run a VNC viewer application (available as a free download for most devices). This gives you wireless control via the LIVE MODE performance screen, and was specifically designed for easy viewing and control from a tablet device such as an iPad.
LIVE MODE also features a NOTES function that lets you enter performance reminders such as lyrics, key signatures, tempos - anything you want or need to see on stage! It's great for reducing performance anxiety and making sure your shows run smoothly.
LIVE MODE also lets you over-ride volume and panning levels that were saved with the preset, making it possible fine tune your set without having to re-save your sounds. This is great for fast and easy modifications to your list of presets without ever having to leave the LIVE MODE performance screen.
LIVE MODE is a breakthrough feature that is only found on RECEPTOR QU4TTRO, TRIO, and VIP. It's the ideal way to perform with the incredible sounds inside your RECEPTOR live on stage, move efficiently from sound to sound in the studio, or to demo sounds quickly when searching for that "just right" instrument or effect!